||[Oct. 8th, 2006|08:36 pm]
Judging Books By Their Covers
this one is a jem. It is one of my personal favorite all time finds. ohmygod. ohmygod. ohmygod.|
FACE READING FOR FUN AND PROFIT by Boye De Mente
This book comes with 8 enlightening chapters
1. The ABC's of Face Reading
2. What the Forehead Fortells
3.What the Eyebrows Say
4. How to Read the Eyes
5. What the Nose Shows
6. What the Mouth Speaks
7. Watch those Ears
8. Check those Cheeks
Here's some fascinating facts!
"People with narrow foreheads are more apt to have one long horizontal wrinkle, which is usually well below the center line. This type of wrinkle and forehead is an indication that the person got the short end of the genetic stick from his parents, and also had a really rough time when young. He tends to be below average in intelligence , to be opportunistic and greedy, but he is also very likely to be a hard worker and to succeed in business despite his short comings."
"Oblique or horizontal wrinkles between the eyebrows is regarded as a sign of bad temper and a tendency to do foolish things while having a tantrum."
pay attention ladies - this could be you
(begining where the picture ends)
"Fortune tellers advise women in this category to aquire a profession so they will be able to support themselves. They are also advised that the chances of making a better marriage a second time are very slim. Men with round foreheads on the other hand are considered fortunate because they tend to be good natured and easy to get along with. "
now to my favorite part. the eyes. the windows to the soul. What lurks behind womens eyes? Well Boye De Mente knows. Here are some of his pearls of knowledge:
Maybe that why they thought potheads were killers back in the day.
well what about our wise author? what is he all about?
Hmm... lets see....
* His triangular shaped face indicates he's an "intellectual and a dreamer, and may run from one extreme to another. He is often shy and self conscious. Most great philosophers, musicians and writers fall into this category"
* His high and wide forehead is regarded " as a sign of intelligence and energy. ...this type of forehead also indicates one who spends alot of time reading and meditating." blah blah blah, "...is commom among successful men."
* His masculine eyebrow indicates hes "straight forward and determined. They keep their emotions in control. Their biggest failing is that they are generally oblivious to the feelings of others"
hmm, that one wasn't entirely postive
* His Creative Mans Nose is a sign of " an unusual capacity for creativity. Face-readers say both men and women with this type of nose generally go deeply into whatever interests them, often developing new ideas or products."
* His Civilized Man's Mouth shows us he's " well- balanced, finely formed and rather delicately made and is indicative of the ideal civilized man- one who was obedient and well behaved while young, has a pleasant personality, is unselfish and diplomatic, and is devoted to helping others, especially the young."
theres even a summary at the end saying you can change your fortune by changing your appearance! i think thats a good message for all of todays youth.
This guy also wrote several more books, one was about asian face reading, then theres this one, the batchelors guide to japan
a.k.a. how to get laid in japan?
hey, send me a picture of yourself, i'll "Face Read" it.